19 August 2008

I've done it!

I've finally uploaded my first two items to Etsy!  I took a lot of pictures last night, edited them, and talked on the phone with my sister for quite some time trying to get all the particulars taken care of, and today I decided I was just going to go ahead and upload my first items.  I decided to start with the pillowcases because they're much prettier than the hats.  I'm still nervous about the whole thing, and I've still got some uploading to do (as soon as I take measurements of the hats so I can make an accurate description of each) and probably a lot more worrying to do, but my first two items are officially on Etsy.  Wow.  Madness.  It's a funny feeling, that's for sure.

There's still a lot of stuff I'd like to do yet with the site and with my little business.  The husband has just about finished my banner (currently I'm using the one I'll post at the bottom of this rant), and I'm making laundry care cards for each thing I sell because I think it's something important to the buyer.  I'll print them on cardstock, and I'm thinking about covering each with a layer of Contact paper to make them a little more durable.  I need to make business cards too at some point.  And I just purchased a bunch of beads from Etsy, and I plan on using them for dream catchers.  I need to start making those because they're great gift items, and as much as I hate to think about it, the holiday season is approaching and many people are starting to get gifts already.  Madness!

I could type more, but I'm really in need of something to eat, some caffeine, and probably some time away from the computer to get things organized around here in the living room.  It's a bit of a yarn nightmare, and if I'm going to start working on dream catchers, I need to get out my supplies for that as well and then get it organized too.  Madness, again!

No comments: