17 August 2008

Loads of shopping!

Generally, I'm not the biggest fan of shopping trips.  I'm a homebody by nature, so hours spent wandering around where there are dozens if not hundreds of other people isn't exactly my cup of tea (and since I own about seventy different varieties of tea, I know my tea).  Sometimes I think it's a touch of agoraphobia (fear of crowds and wide open spaces), but mostly I figure it's because I have difficulty finding exactly what I want.  It's part of the reason why I shop on-line so much, I guess.

So at any rate, I did a lot of shopping Friday.  I hit Staples and picked up a scale so I can weigh things for shipping and handling prices as well as a ledger to keep track of the stuff I'm buying and then how I'm using it.  I like to think it's some form of organization, but it's likely to not last long.  I hit Wal-Mart for some more basic things like ribbon and wire cutters and safety goggles.  You know, typical crafting gear.  :)  I was hoping the store would have Fimo polymer clay and Shrink-it plastic paper, but I could find neither.  I swung by the local Ben Franklin's and found both.  Hooray!  Then since I was two doors down from True Value, I ran by there to see if they carried an attachment for our Dremel, but they don't carry it.  After all that, I came home and recorded all my pertinent purchases in my new ledger.

So I've gotten more of the basic supplies and tools needed for Golden Snail Designs.  I even made a bunch of little Shrink-it snails by tracing my logo and coloring it before shrinking it in the oven.  I'm going to turn them into charms for stitch markers or keyrings.  I think I'm going to have to spray them with a clear coat though because the marker I used to color them comes off when scratched hard enough.

Back to crafting though, I crocheted a pillowcase today and am halfway through a second.  I still need to sew the buttons on them for closures then take pictures of each with and without pillows in them.  I won't be selling the pillows; they're just for modeling.  I still need to sew the elastic into the hats I made as well as the button embellishments.  To take a break from crocheting pillowcases, I worked on the heather blue afghan for my sister.  So I took a break from crocheting to...crochet.  Go figure, lol.  I've noticed that a lot of crafts are simply addictive.  I do, however, need to get some more yarn because so far all the pillowcases I'm making are green because that's the yarn I bought in bulk.  Also, one of these days I need to start getting my products up on Etsy!

No comments: