14 August 2008

Making progress

I'm slowly making progress towards getting my first items up on Etsy.  So far what I have are a number of little girl hats that I crocheted in a very short amount of time.  They would probably have been more appropriate in the spring or early summer, but I just now designed the pattern, so it's now that I have them.  I think that once I have the elastic sewn in and the buttons sewn on, I'll take a lot of pictures, crop them to a smaller size then upload them to Etsy.  Once they're on the page, I'm going to start work on pillowcases.  There's a pattern I have which goes very quickly and which, I think, is very cute.  I figure I'll alternate between making pillowcases and working on the afghans for my older sister and for my in-laws.  I like to work out on the porch, but with larger projects like afghans, it's just too hot.  I need smaller projects for the front porch while I'm watching the Girl (a.k.a., Kitty, our beloved ten-year-old tabby), and pillowcases is probably the way to go.  I'll probably also work on figuring out how to make the little spider toys my grandma used to make all the time.  My sister said those would be a good idea because Halloween is coming up, after all.  So at least I have project ideas to go up on the site, and now it's just a matter of everything else!

I'm going to have to buy a scale so I can figure out how much each item weighs to be able to determine shipping prices, and I'll also need a white sheet to use as a backdrop for the pictures, unless I can figure out some other place to snap photos.  The husband and my sheets are all blue, black or green.  Not the best backdrops, especially when some of the works will be dark colors as well.  So a white sheet, a scale, and soda.  I'm out of Mello Yello!  It's hard keeping up with a caffeine addiction, lol.  At any  rate, the husband is here so it's time to go shopping.  Whee!

No comments: