28 September 2008

Jack-o-lanterns

I've been spending the past couple weeks trying to find a job in the area, so I haven't spent that much time crocheting or working on other craft projects. I'm waiting to hear back from a temp agency, and in the interim, I've made a bunch of Halloween toys to put up on Etsy. They're little jack-o-lantern balls--around three inches in diameter and just a little taller--and they're so cute! I made ten in three days, and I've already put them up on Etsy. Pictures below.




It's a pumpkin pyramid! :) I am going to take a break from making jack-o-lanterns and switch to making eyes. I have a lot of colors I can make: light blue, bright blue, green, brown, and grey. I don't have any yarn that I would call "hazel," unforunate because most of the people in my immediate family have hazel eyes. I have dark brown and the husband has blue. I think it'd be interesting to get some varigated yarn and make eyes with that. Until then, I think I'll just try to make at least two of each of the colors I have now. The eyes won't take nearly as much time as the jack-o-lanterns because I don't have to make leaves, stems, or vines for eyes. Just an eyestalk. ;) At any rate, I'm going to go crochet and probably watch a movie. Have a great day!

No comments: