03 October 2008

Eye extravaganza

After about four days of near-constant crocheting, I've finished making all the eyeball toys for Golden Snail on Etsy. I made two of each of the following colors: brown, blue, light blue, gray, red, green, and black. That's a lot of eyes! The nice thing about eyes as compared to all the other Halloween toys I've been making is that they're pretty simple to make and aren't nearly as intricate or time-consuming as the spiders or jack-o-lanterns. Once I figure out the bats, they'll be just as complicated as the latter two toys, and the eyes will stay the simplest to make. Below is a picture of the eyes in a large pickle jar that I used on Etsy:



I thought the jar would be a fun idea as a display. On a recent trip to Wal-Mart, I picked up some fall-colored leaves to use as background for future Halloween toys. I think they'll look good with the spiders. I wish I'd had them for the pumpkins because they would have looked really cute with them. But I have them now for future projects. It's time to work on arachnids!

No comments: